What benefits come with sponsoring a clear sky chart?
When anyone sponsors a clear sky chart, all users of that chart, even the non-sponsors will see:
- Removal of advertisements on the clear sky chart page
- Earlier data updates. Updating all charts can take up to 3 hours. Sponsored charts are updated first and are typically completed in the first 10 minutes of each update cycle.
- An extra cloud forecast. Cloud cover data from the European forecast model, ECMWF, appears on sponsors charts. It's both a backup in case data from the Canadian Meteorlogocal Centre fails and also a redundancy check on accuracy.
- 4 to 6 updates per day instead of 2 updates for non-sponsored charts.
- Higher reliability on average. In the event of a server or data link problem, sponsored charts are much more likely to be updated. If something prevents me from updating all charts, I always try to update all the sponsored charts.
- A record of past charts: Last two weeks of previous clear sky chart images are saved online. Example.
- Detailed climate statistics specific to astronomy, called the "Climate/History" page. Example. Used for scheduling events and site selection.
Benefits to individual sponsors and astronomy clubs
- All of the "public benefits" above
- Listing of the sponsor's name, or dedication, on the sponsored chart's web page.
- Link to non-commerical website or astronomy-club website.
- If the sponsor is one of the top 5 sponsors in their state (or province), listing on that state's (or province's) page of chart listings. Example
- If the sponsor is one of the top 3 sponsors overall, listing and linking that sponsor on the clear sky chart home page. Link
Benfits to commercial sponsors
I list individual and club sponsorship of one chart for us$5.00 a month. Commercial sponsorship rates vary based on details. Please email me.
- All of the "individual sponsor" benefits above.
- Link to commerical website. Optionally, a "do follow" link for SEO purposes.
- Display 200x50 pixel commercial logo.
- Invoices, if requested
- Bulk sponsorship of many charts at once.
- Timed/scheduled sponsorships, used indicate sales, special events, or to align with astronomy events like star parties, eclipses, etc.
- Rotation of 200x50 pixel logos from a set logos.
- Extra setup and analysis services, like automatic selection of charts to sponsor based on criteria such as popularity and distance from location.
- The general public knowing that business is cool enough to benefit all chart users.
Clear Sky Chart home